Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mommy and Me Time

Daddy was busy doing some work on a neighbor's house last weekend. So it was just mommy and Evan at home all day Saturday and Sunday. Evan is a big time daddy's boy, so I was wondering how this would go over. There were tears at the baby gate when daddy said goodbye, but it didn't take long for them to subside. We must have walked 50 laps around the kitchen. We resurrected a fun trick Evan used to love: spinning him on his back on the kitchen floor. He loves it still--he would come and get me from the other room, walk me to the kitchen, lay down and pull my hand to his leg (my "handle" for spinning him). We played cars and blocks and went for a walk. Evan let me snuggle him for a few minutes early Saturday evening. It was the best weekend we've had in a long time.

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

AAWWW I love mommy and me time like that, glad you both had such a wonderful time.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva